Totally Crazy! But hear me out!

Hi girls!  I have a product I want to share with you.  But before I say what it is, I want to say that the first time I heard about using this product I was really skeptical!  But, I saw enough youtube videos, and read a few other blogs and all the girls were saying the same thing.  This product really works.

We’ve all experienced our applied eyeshadow disappearing, creasing, and generally not looking as fresh in the evening as it did when we first applied it in the morning.   In the past, I’ve used Urban Decay’s primer potion to remedy this problem.  It is a great product.  I’m to arguing that it isn’t.  However is it a bit pricy, and the packaging makes it a bit difficult to get the last little bit of the product out. 

So, I tried the product that the other girls were talking about. I was surprised.  It worked so well!  By the end of the day, my eyeshadow still looked as fresh as it did 10 hours before!   
So girls... are you ready to know what it is....

 drum role please...
Monistat Chaffing Relief Powder Gel!  Wait!  Before you think I’ve totally lost it... let me explain...

First, it is not a medication.  There is no medication in the product whatsoever!  The only ingredient in Monistat Chaffing Relief Powder Gel is Dimethicone.

Dimethicone is a non greasy skin protectant which dries to a powdery finish.  It is colorless and odorless.    Although Monistat uses Dimethicone as a solution for chaffing, it is actually used in a wide array of beauty supplies.  According to http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ Dimethicone is a silicone based product that is used in many cosmetics, lotions, hair shampoos, as well as other hair supplies.  Dimethicone is used as a hair protectant, skin protectant, hair conditioner, skin conditioner and surface modifier.  

After doing this research I went on a Dimethicone easter egg hunt, and found that it is in my conditioner, a few of my hand lotions and... Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer!   Oh Yes Ladies! Lancome’s makeup primer at $42.00 a pop consists of two ingredients; Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone Crosspolymer.  So, Dimethicone is already used as a makeup primer by other highly respected cosmetic manufacturers!  

So ladies,  although I love Lancome, in this particular case I can not see my self spending $42.00 for the same ingredient which Monistat sells for $7.50.   If you want your eyeshadow to stay on all day, ignore the name of the product, and try the Monistat Chaffing Relief Powder Gel. Call me crazy if you want, but it really works!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see you posted this!! It DOES work!! Better than any eyeshadow primer I have ever used. I am so glad you turned me on to this! And anyone else reading this comment, TRY IT! It's the bees knees!

    ReplyDelete