Review of Sephora's glitter eyeshadow applicator.

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, and had fun last night.

As promised, I wanted to give you a review of the glitter eyeshadow applicator I purchased from Sephora. 

The label states that it helps prevent glitter from falling where it is not wanted while applying it to the lid.   Regular brushes supposedly create more fallout, while this silicone applicator holds the glitter until it adheres to the eyelid.
To test it, I chose one of my favorite holiday eyeshadows: Urban Decay's Midnight Coyboy Rides Again. Although I love this shadow, I tend to struggle with it because there is usually a TON of glitter fallout.

Usually, I apply this eyeshadow with my ring finger and press in into my lid.  I have never been able to successfully use a brush with this eyeshadow without getting glitter on my cheeks as well.  This was a true test for Sephora's silicone applicator.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results.  It does lessen the amount of glitter fallout. Dare I say it is comparable to the amount of fallout I get when using my ring finger to apply the shadow.  Although the fallout is less than a traditional brush, and a bit more sanitary than using my finger, there is a down side to this brush.  I found it takes a few more layers of shadow to build up the same payoff of color and sparkle when using the brush instead of applying it with my finger. (I was able to finally get the same look, it just took a bit longer in the application process).  For a more subtle sparkle this brush is absolutely perfect!
Overall I am happy with the brush... and at only $13.00 why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment